She saves his life.
Giving shelter to the fugitive could get her in serious trouble. The Elders have always described the advanced society of people beyond the Frost, the “Farthers,” as ruthless and cruel, and her village has nothing to do with them. But Lia is startled to find that Gabe is empathetic and intelligent…and handsome. She might even be falling in love with him.
But time is running out. The monsters from the forest circle her farm at night. The village leader is starting to ask questions. Farther soldiers are searching for Gabe. Lia must locate a secret organization called the Thorns to help Gabe escape to safety, but each move she makes puts her in greater danger. Is compassion—and love—worth the risk?
Katie was able to provide me a 6 Words Post
1. Ice – The Frost is covered in snow and ice for much of the year, and the whole story has this feel of coldness.
2. Blue – in the Frost there are these unique, winter-defying blue flowers called snow blossoms that help to repel the monsters. Everyone wears them and plants them around their houses and the paths to the village. Blue is sort of a symbolic color in the book.
3. Watchers – the monsters of the Frost are called Watchers because they are always lurking in the shadows, watching, but they are rarely seen. Few know what they look like, although their tracks are everywhere in the snow and occasionally people catch a glimpse of their glowing red eyes in the darkness.
4. Secrets – almost every character in the book is keeping a secret.
Forest – most of the Frost is covered in snowy
forests. The trees are tall and skeletal, and the Watchers slide unseen through
6. Love – Forbidden love, familial love... Frost is a love story.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Kate Avery Ellison loves long walks, late night phone calls, and reading while it rains. She thinks ice cream cake is the perfect combination and she has a love/hate relationship with the sultry climate of her hometown,Twitter:https://twitter.com/#!/Katiewriting
. FROST, her third
book, is a YA fantasy/dystopian tale of love, sacrifice, and suspense. Atlanta
Goodreads profile: http://goodreads.com/Kate_Avery_Ellison
Katie is giving away 5 gifts related to the novel in the rest of the blog tour, find them, here!